Moon unstable releases - release notes
release notes are for pre-release versions of Pale Moon. They may
include notes for public betas and the intended "rolling" unstable
channel we have planned for the near future.
Please understand that these release notes are concise summaries,
If you find bugs in these versions, please report them in the issue tracker
on GitHub for Pale Moon. When you do so, please check if the bug has
already been reported before by others to prevent duplicate
the tracker. If you report bugs, make sure to include the build date
(as found in the about box) and provide clear information about the bug:
Also make sure that before you report a bug, that you verify if the bug
also manifests with default preferences and no installed add-ons
(preferably create a new profile to check).
indication of what version of the browser this was found in (x86, x64,
Windows, Linux, exact version and build (see "About" box)
- Clear description of the bug found, with a concise and
clear title for the issue
(include exact circumstances and exact error messages, if any)
- Steps to reproduce
(what exactly do you do to cause the bug to become apparent?)
- Expected results
(given the steps taken, what did you expect the browser to do?)
- Actual results
(what did the browser do instead of what was expected?)
Current trunk progress since release (major changes only):
For a more detailed and complete list of changes, check out the commit
- Added Windows-specific CSS parameters and queries for the
use of the system accent color. Added are parameters
-moz-win-accentcolortext, and the media query
to know if Windows is actively using an accent color.
- Changed Windows' browser CSS sheet ot use variables instead
of hard-coding colors, simplifying its style and making it more
flexible. Further cleaned up the Windows 10 specific browser style.
- Changed the theme on Windows 10 to use the new accent
colors and improve consistency.
- Fixed an issue with automatically exporting bookmarks to
HTML on shutdown.
- MSE Media updates (ongoing).
- Fixed a regression re: domains allowed to/blocked from
- Fixed several internal errors thrown in the front-end.
- Fixed more things in the Windows theme.
- Updated Windows widgets to be able to pick up Windows 10
accent colors dynamically and have the browser 's look and feel respond
accordingly, even with automatic color changes based on desktop
- Fixed several minor issues in the devtools.
- Fixed ES6 iterator prototype chains.
- Fixed ES6 vector append calls and some related memory leaks.
- Added DOM function isSameNode().
- Added HTTP request method OPTIONS.