Moon unstable releases - release notes
release notes are for pre-release versions of Pale Moon. They may
include notes for public betas and the "rolling" unstable
Please understand that these release notes are concise summaries,
nothing more, and not an exhaustive record of all changes.
If you find bugs in these versions, please report them in the issue tracker
on GitHub for UXP. When you do so, please check if the bug has
already been reported before by others to prevent duplicate
the tracker. If you report bugs, make sure to include the build date
(as found in the about box) and provide clear information about the bug:
Also make sure that before you report a bug, that you verify if the bug
also manifests with default preferences and no installed add-ons
(preferably create a new profile to check).
indication of what version of the browser this was found in (x86, x64,
Windows, Linux, exact version and build (see "About" box))
- Clear description of the bug found, with a concise and
clear title for the issue
(include exact circumstances and exact error messages, if any)
- Steps to reproduce
(what exactly do you do to cause the bug to become apparent?)
- Expected results
(given the steps taken, what did you expect the browser to do?)
- Actual results
(what did the browser do instead of what was expected?)
Current trunk progress (major and recent changes
- Restored a global
shortcut for extension compatibility with old extensions.
If you are currently using this global function, please change it to
- Fixed an issue with the UI when the address bar was removed
from the navigation bar.
- Fixed an issue with scripting of the Help menu.
- Fixed a crash resulting from non-standard manipulation of
XML stylesheets by extensions.
- Fix browser.link.open_newwindow functionality
For a more detailed and complete list of changes, check out the commit
- Removed SecurityUI telemetry.
- Removed geo-specific selection of default search engines.
- Rearchitectured the application/extension update code.
- Fixed failure to print if a page contains a 0-sized
- Fixed an issue with tab-modal dialogs being presented in
the wrong order.
- Fixed a performance issue with painting on some pages.
- Fixed a potential performance issue in display lists on
- Fixed an issue with the tab bar remaining collapsed in
customize mode if normally hidden.
- Fixed a potential UAF situation in the HTML5 parser (DiD)
- Updated reader view components.
- Deprecated the use of FUEL.
- Restored "Release notes" in the help menu.
- Changed the way permissions for predefined sites are loaded.
- Fixed an issue with Sync when choosing to overwrite data
with synced data.
- Fixed an issue with tab previews on the taskbar.
- Fixed a rendering bottleneck for the use of XRender when
using a remote session.
- Fixed an issue with IntersectionObserver viewport accuracy.
- Fixed Scroll bar orientation on Mac OS X.
- Implemented String.prototype.trimStart and
- Implemented Array.prototype.flat and
- Implemented Symbol.prototype.description (ES2019)
- Fixed graphical artifacts/flickering when using XRender on
Intel or Intel-hybrid GPU setups.
- Added support for gzip-compressed SVG-in-Opentype fonts.
- Fixed an issue with anchor/link targets not re-using a named target.
- Removed some dead telemetry code.
- Improved performance of some websites with complex event regions.
- Fixed a build issue with Gnu-CC on PPC64