Moon unstable releases - release notes
release notes are for pre-release versions of Pale Moon. They may
include notes for public betas and the "rolling" unstable
Please understand that these release notes are concise summaries,
nothing more, and not an exhaustive record of all changes.
If you find bugs in these versions, please report them in the issue tracker
on GitHub for UXP. When you do so, please check if the bug has
already been reported before by others to prevent duplicate
the tracker. If you report bugs, make sure to include the build date
(as found in the about box) and provide clear information about the bug:
Also make sure that before you report a bug, that you verify if the bug
also manifests with default preferences and no installed add-ons
(preferably create a new profile to check).
indication of what version of the browser this was found in (x86, x64,
Windows, Linux, exact version and build (see "About" box))
- Clear description of the bug found, with a concise and
clear title for the issue
(include exact circumstances and exact error messages, if any)
- Steps to reproduce
(what exactly do you do to cause the bug to become apparent?)
- Expected results
(given the steps taken, what did you expect the browser to do?)
- Actual results
(what did the browser do instead of what was expected?)
Current trunk progress (major and recent changes
For a more detailed and complete list of changes, check out the commit
- New milestone modular setup: Pale Moon has been split off
from the UXP platform repository and will be maintained as its own
application with UXP as a platform module.
- Implemented asynchronous iterators (
for await loops) (ES2018)
document.open() with the overhauled
- Implemented promise-based media playback.
- Fixed a potential pointer issue issue in cubeb. (DiD)
- Enabled layers acceleration by default on GTK-based
- Aligned the way DOM styles are computed with mainstream
- Removed the (unused) DOM promise implementation.
- Changed the default monospace font for main languages from Courier New to Consolas.
This provides a more balanced font for fixed-width text that is
slightly more condensed and more in line with the naturally compacter
variable-width fonts used everywhere else.
- Increased the maximum XML nesting depth to 2048 levels for
extreme corner cases and to conservatively align with other browsers.
- Updated NSPR to 4.24 and NSS to 3.48-RTM, removing the
previous custom patch level with NSS being able to support custom
rounds for DBM now.
For extensive release notes with all NSS changes, see NSS_Releases
- Implemented an NSS performance optimization for Master
Password use with limited effect.
- Implemented non-standard legacy CSSStyleSheet rules
- Implemented the html5
To switch this on, flip
- Disabled some logging in production builds.
- Disabled allowing remote
jar: URIs by default
for security reasons. If you need this functionality for your
non-standard environment, you can enable it with the preference
but please consider moving away from this method of providing web-based
- Enabled seeking to next frame in media files.