Moon unstable releases - release notes
release notes are for pre-release versions of Pale Moon. They may
include notes for public betas and the "rolling" unstable
Please understand that these release notes are concise summaries,
nothing more, and not an exhaustive record of all changes.
If you find bugs in these versions, please report them in the issue tracker
on GitHub for UXP. When you do so, please check if the bug has
already been reported before by others to prevent duplicate
the tracker. If you report bugs, make sure to include the build date
(as found in the about box) and provide clear information about the bug:
Also make sure that before you report a bug, that you verify if the bug
also manifests with default preferences and no installed add-ons
(preferably create a new profile to check).
indication of what version of the browser this was found in (x86, x64,
Windows, Linux, exact version and build (see "About" box))
- Clear description of the bug found, with a concise and
clear title for the issue
(include exact circumstances and exact error messages, if any)
- Steps to reproduce
(what exactly do you do to cause the bug to become apparent?)
- Expected results
(given the steps taken, what did you expect the browser to do?)
- Actual results
(what did the browser do instead of what was expected?)
Current trunk progress, v28 beta 5 (major and recent changes
switched over to the new milestone, and these unstable builds are
building on UXP. This means the browser will be significantly different
under the hood than our current v27.* release versions.
- Added a pref control (image.layerize.always) to
allow users to trade off image quality for performance.
Default disabled as it can cause aliased results in downscaled images
- Made sure to keep lightweight themes enabled in Private
- Adjusted page info/permissions manager to the back-end
- Fixed an issue with some media files not playing as a
result of containing a user data box.
- Adjusted DOM domain, DOM DataTransfer constructors and CSS
grid to match the latest spec.
- Fixed LaunchApplication dialog button ordering to be
consistent on Windows.
- Fixed the permissions manager layout.
- Enabled asynchronous drawing of plugins.
- Misc bouts of code cleanup.
- Catered about box content to unofficial branding.
- Fixed a crash with WebGL2 instancing.
- Launching a new browser from about:profiles now launches a
- Fixed an issue on High Contrast accessibility themes.
- Updated zlib.
- Enabled direct3d9 accelerated layers as a fallback for
DirectX 11 (if it fails).
- Tuned the networking stack.
- Disabled the battery API by default.
For a more detailed and complete list of changes, check out the commit