Moon unstable releases - release notes
release notes are for pre-release versions of Pale Moon. They may
include notes for public betas and the intended "rolling" unstable
channel we have planned for the near future.
Please understand that these release notes are concise summaries,
If you find bugs in these versions, please report them in the issue tracker
on GitHub for Pale Moon. When you do so, please check if the bug has
already been reported before by others to prevent duplicate
the tracker. If you report bugs, make sure to include the build date
(as found in the about box) and provide clear information about the bug:
Also make sure that before you report a bug, that you verify if the bug
also manifests with default preferences and no installed add-ons
(preferably create a new profile to check).
indication of what version of the browser this was found in (x86, x64,
Windows, Linux, exact version and build (see "About" box)
- Clear description of the bug found, with a concise and
clear title for the issue
(include exact circumstances and exact error messages, if any)
- Steps to reproduce
(what exactly do you do to cause the bug to become apparent?)
- Expected results
(given the steps taken, what did you expect the browser to do?)
- Actual results
(what did the browser do instead of what was expected?)
Current trunk progress since release (major changes only):
- Added support for ES6 "Symbol species".
- Removed the notification bar when in full screen to prevent
unwanted visible screen elements.
- Removed unmaintained and insecure WebRTC code - building
with WebRTC enabled is no longer an option.
- Added a setting in preferences to select the use of tab
previews with Ctrl+Tab.
- Added Eyedropper menu entry to the AppMenu.
- Disabled a potentially problematic optimization on Win 8+
with high contrast themes in use.
- Removed redundant checks for "Vista or later" since that is
all we support.
- Updated the kiss-fft library to our forked 1.4.0 version.
- Added a preference to control whether the text cursor
(caret) should be thicker when dealing with CJK characters or not
(default = yes).
- Added URL fix-ups for schemes (mis-typed "ttp://" etc.).
- Set the performance timer granularity to 1 ms.
- Added display of the http status to raw request displays.
- Fixed a number of browser crashes.
- Fixed gap inconsistency in the tabstrip.
- Added a workaround for cloned videos not retaining their
- Added a temporary workaround to avoid crashes on trackless
- Removed some superfluous ellipses from menu labels.
- Fixed undesired shrinking of line heights as a result of
setting minimum font size in preferences.
- Fixed some issues with setting the new tab preference
- Added support for emojis on Windows systems that have
relatively poor support for them with standard font sets by including
our own font (EmojiOne based for now).
For a more detailed and complete list of changes, check out the commit