Moon unstable releases - release notes
release notes are for pre-release versions of Pale Moon. They may
include notes for public betas and the intended "rolling" unstable
channel we have planned for the near future.
Please understand that these release notes are concise summaries,
If you find bugs in these versions, please report them in the issue tracker
on GitHub for Pale Moon. When you do so, please check if the bug has
already been reported before by others to prevent duplicate
the tracker. If you report bugs, make sure to include the build date
(as found in the about box) and provide clear information about the bug:
Also make sure that before you report a bug, that you verify if the bug
also manifests with default preferences and no installed add-ons
(preferably create a new profile to check).
indication of what version of the browser this was found in (x86, x64,
Windows, Linux, exact version and build (see "About" box)
- Clear description of the bug found, with a concise and
clear title for the issue
(include exact circumstances and exact error messages, if any)
- Steps to reproduce
(what exactly do you do to cause the bug to become apparent?)
- Expected results
(given the steps taken, what did you expect the browser to do?)
- Actual results
(what did the browser do instead of what was expected?)
Current trunk progress since release (major changes only):
- Finished sync infra swapover by adding a one-time pref
migration for server used.
- Fixed devtools (gcli) screenshots on vertical-text pages.
- Fixed devtools copy as cURL for POST requests.
- Fixed the Linux load throbber image to be properly encoded.
- Worked around an issue with some improperly-encoded PNG
files not decoding after our libpng update.
- Removed the "ask every time" policy for cookies.
- Added support for X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff (scripts).
- Added "My home page" as an option for new tabs.
- Added cookie restrictions for "cookie-averse" document
- Fixed an issue with "nosniff" if there was no content-type
For a more detailed and complete list of changes, check out the commit