Moon unstable releases - release notes
release notes are for pre-release versions of Pale Moon. They may
include notes for public betas and the intended "rolling" unstable
channel we have planned for the near future.
Please understand that these release notes are concise summaries,
If you find bugs in these versions, please report them in the issue tracker
on GitHub for Pale Moon. When you do so, please check if the bug has
already been reported before by others to prevent duplicate
the tracker. If you report bugs, make sure to include the build date
(as found in the about box) and provide clear information about the bug:
Also make sure that before you report a bug, that you verify if the bug
also manifests with default preferences and no installed add-ons
(preferably create a new profile to check).
indication of what version of the browser this was found in (x86, x64,
Windows, Linux, exact version and build (see "About" box)
- Clear description of the bug found, with a concise and
clear title for the issue
(include exact circumstances and exact error messages, if any)
- Steps to reproduce
(what exactly do you do to cause the bug to become apparent?)
- Expected results
(given the steps taken, what did you expect the browser to do?)
- Actual results
(what did the browser do instead of what was expected?)
Current trunk progress since release (major changes only):
For a more detailed and complete list of changes, check out the commit
- Removed preloading of HPKP hosts and enabled HPKP header
- Added control in preferences for HSTS and HPKP usage.
- Changed HTML bookmark exports on Windows to write CRLF line
endings to the file.
- Leveraged multi-core rendering for libVPX (VP8/VP9 WebM
- Fixed some issues accessing DeviantArt (useragent-sniffing).
- Added support for TLS 1.3, the up-next secure connection
- Aligned CSS
text-align with the spec.
- Added a recovery module for browser initialization issues
(e.g. when using a wrong language pack).
- Fixed spurious console errors for XHR requests with certain
http response codes.
- Enabled v-sync aligned refresh for a smoother scrolling
- Removed support for CSS XP-theme media queries.
- Improved console error reporting.
- Fixed resetting toolbars and controls from the safe mode
- Fixed innerText getters for display:none elements.
- Fixed bookmark recovery option from the safe mode dialog.
- MSE improvements:
- Added a track buffer manager for HTML5 video.
- Added Media Source demuxer
- Fixed an issue with TLS 1.3 not supporting renegotiation by
- Relaxed some restrictions for CSP to temporarily work
around web compatibility issues with the CSP-3 deprecated `child-src`
- Fixed a GL buffer crash that might occur with certain
combinations of drivers and hardware.
- Added some more details to about:support.
- Increased the
resolution/accuracy of layout units to fix
e.g. SVG sub-unit misalignment due to rounding.
- Fixed a potential crash when the last audio device is
removed during playback.
- Removed the insertion of absolute path/file names and line
numbers from the preprocessor.