Moon unstable releases - release notes
release notes are for pre-release versions of Pale Moon. They may
include notes for public betas and the "rolling" unstable
Please understand that these release notes are concise summaries,
nothing more, and not an exhaustive record of all changes.
If you find bugs in these versions, please report them in the issue tracker
on GitHub for UXP. When you do so, please check if the bug has
already been reported before by others to prevent duplicate
the tracker. If you report bugs, make sure to include the build date
(as found in the about box) and provide clear information about the bug:
Also make sure that before you report a bug, that you verify if the bug
also manifests with default preferences and no installed add-ons
(preferably create a new profile to check).
indication of what version of the browser this was found in (x86, x64,
Windows, Linux, exact version and build (see "About" box))
- Clear description of the bug found, with a concise and
clear title for the issue
(include exact circumstances and exact error messages, if any)
- Steps to reproduce
(what exactly do you do to cause the bug to become apparent?)
- Expected results
(given the steps taken, what did you expect the browser to do?)
- Actual results
(what did the browser do instead of what was expected?)
Current trunk progress (major and recent changes
- Improved GCC 8 compatibility.
- Simplified HeapSlot memory allocation to work around some
- Updated NSS to 3.38 -- bringing TLS 1.3 up to the latest
- Re-enabled the use of RC4 as a fallback cypher negotiation
for non-standard environments
(behind pref); also marked 3DES weak.
- Fix view source of selections.
- Removed TelemetryStopwatch.
- Fixed standalone image background color regression.
- Fixed toolbar styling when lightweight themes are in use.
- Added control mechanism for history entries of QuickDial.
- Added control mechanism for content scrolling when a
contextual menu is open.
- Stopped pointless recording of some telemetry data.
- Fixed document navigation F6 shortcut.
true, overrides the OS convention to prevent scrolling of content when
contextual menus are open.
- Re-implemented horizontal mousewheel scrolling as an action.
- Made sure to refresh the string bundle service when the
browser locale changes to better initialize UI language with language
- Fixed installer strings for trying to install on
unsupported operating systems.
- Made sure to sync disabled state of number control elements
regardless of appearance.
- Reinstated some incorrectly removed IPC code.
- Fixed performance issues by backing out 2 DiD Mozilla
- Removed support for TLS session caches in TLSServerSocket.
- Fixed taskbar preview per tab module.
- Removed the Firefox Accounts migrator.
- Removed all performance-impacting Telemetry accumulation
calls and timers. This should be a noticeable performance inclrease and
make the browser snappier on most systems.
- Fixed an issue with the new tab page, when set to "home
page" not following subsequent changes to the home page URL.
- Fixed issues with SVG in Goanna: support local-ref
according to spec and support non-integer values for viewBox.
- Reinstated parts of the search engine API that Mozilla
removed, making sure any changes made to searchplugins are actually
written out to disk.
- Changed the findbar to be a global-window toolbar again.
- Implemented Gecko/62 cycle security fixes.
For a more detailed and complete list of changes, check out the commit
- Fixed worker throttling to be more performant (verification
- Improved sessionrestore at startup by skipping expensive
- Fixed intermittent missing of "restore session" button on
- Fixed a crash with http basic auth (verification