Moon unstable releases - release notes
release notes are for pre-release versions of Pale Moon. They may
include notes for public betas and the intended "rolling" unstable
channel we have planned for the near future.
Please understand that these release notes are concise summaries,
If you find bugs in these versions, please report them in the issue tracker
on GitHub for Pale Moon. When you do so, please check if the bug has
already been reported before by others to prevent duplicate
the tracker. If you report bugs, make sure to include the build date
(as found in the about box) and provide clear information about the bug:
Also make sure that before you report a bug, that you verify if the bug
also manifests with default preferences and no installed add-ons
(preferably create a new profile to check).
indication of what version of the browser this was found in (x86, x64,
Windows, Linux, exact version and build (see "About" box)
- Clear description of the bug found, with a concise and
clear title for the issue
(include exact circumstances and exact error messages, if any)
- Steps to reproduce
(what exactly do you do to cause the bug to become apparent?)
- Expected results
(given the steps taken, what did you expect the browser to do?)
- Actual results
(what did the browser do instead of what was expected?)
Current trunk progress since release (major changes only):
- Fixed a number of spec compliance issues in our media
- Added a trailing slash to referrers when policy is set to
fix some web compatibility issues.
- Fixed the property order in
Object.getOwnPropertyNames(string) and others.
- Updated RegExp(RegExp object, flags) to ES6 standard.
- Changed the embedded font from the no longer free EmojiOne
to the open-licensed Twemoji. This also further extends unicode support
to Unicode 10 emojis.
- Updated the UA override for dropbox.
- Adjusted some things in our memory allocator code to
provide, among other things, better allocation alignment on Windows.
- Made the attempt to migrate people from the old sync server
domain name to the current one more aggressive.
- Made reading of the sessionstore synchronous, to speed up
startup and prevent the homepage from being loaded when restoring a
- Fixed a number of security bugs and crashes.
- Updated lz4 to 1.8.0.
For a more detailed and complete list of changes, check out the commit