Moon unstable releases - release notes
release notes are for pre-release versions of Pale Moon. They may
include notes for public betas and the "rolling" unstable
Please understand that these release notes are concise summaries,
nothing more, and not an exhaustive record of all changes.
If you find bugs in these versions, please report them in the issue tracker
on GitHub for UXP. When you do so, please check if the bug has
already been reported before by others to prevent duplicate
the tracker. If you report bugs, make sure to include the build date
(as found in the about box) and provide clear information about the bug:
Also make sure that before you report a bug, that you verify if the bug
also manifests with default preferences and no installed add-ons
(preferably create a new profile to check).
indication of what version of the browser this was found in (x86, x64,
Windows, Linux, exact version and build (see "About" box))
- Clear description of the bug found, with a concise and
clear title for the issue
(include exact circumstances and exact error messages, if any)
- Steps to reproduce
(what exactly do you do to cause the bug to become apparent?)
- Expected results
(given the steps taken, what did you expect the browser to do?)
- Actual results
(what did the browser do instead of what was expected?)
Current trunk progress (major and recent changes
For a more detailed and complete list of changes, check out the commit
- Fixed worker throttling to be more performant.
- Improved sessionrestore at startup by skipping expensive
- Fixed intermittent missing of "restore session" button on
- Fixed a crash with http basic auth.
- Fixed high CPU load on idle.
- Improved GCC 8 cfompatibility.
- Fixed an issue with launching executables from the download
- Fixed an issue preventing binary components in extensions.
- Fixed an issue with common dialogs having their contents
overflow the visible window.
- Added an experimental preference to enable asynchronous
panning and zooming (APZ) on desktop.
- Fixed a regression with color management not processing ICC
- Fixed a crash when using SOCKS proxies.
- Fixed a potential privacy issue in some situations
- Fixed a potential leak when SHA256 hashing.
- Updated privacy prefs and permissions manager to properly
reflect cookie/data storage settings.
- Updated libnestegg from upstream to improve media playback
- Fixed incorrect removal of insecure fallback hosts when
- Removed a bunch of telemetry code and unused variables.
- Updated ffvpx to 4.0.2 from upstream for media playback
- Fixed an issue with status popups in HTML5 full-screen
- Fixed a memory safety hazard in ffmpeg.
- Changed the way DOM Init events are handled, making all but
the first argument optional.
- Changed in-tab close button behavior to try and prevent
non-responsiveness when rapidly clicking.
- Changed the content-scrolling default to allow scrolling
when a sub/context menu is open.
- Added Mozilla::Span (similar to Microsoft's GSL) for
- Cleaned up installer strings.
- Fixed a regression with caret width configurability after
- Fixed a regression with table border widths using the wrong
- Fixed several issues with WebM/VPx (verification needed).
- Added experimental AV1 codec support (behind
- Removed unfinished in-browser translation code.
- Updated reader view components.
- Updated the CSS Grid code for web compatibility.
- Linked notification settings to
- Improved the DiD resolution for CVE-2018-12386.
- Added the left border to the search button on the QuickDial